Position: Director of Mass Spectrometry Lab
Location: Woburn, MA, USA
Metware Biotechnology Inc (“Metware”) is a contract research and R&D company that focuses on developing and applying innovative metabolomics technologies to life science and health research. Metware has labs and offices in Wuhan, Shanghai, Changsha, Shenzhen, and is now expanding globally to Boston. Metware is committed to providing effective and timely metabolomics services in basic and clinical research worldwide.
About the Opportunity:
You will be responsible for the daily operation and management of the laboratory as well as building and improving the laboratory management policies. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
1. Lead the lab team to conduct and complete metabolomics and lipidomics projects and experiments, and review and approve laboratory reports.
2. Ensure proper records of sample reception and storage, sample usage, and sample delivery and logistics.
3. Responsible for the development and review of laboratory testing procedures, establishing SOPs and QC procedures, and establishing KPI for internal performance review.
4. Responsible for troubleshooting and resolving technical issues and being in contact with supplier engineers when necessary.
5. Maintain up-to-date lab inventory and ensure reagents and consumables are sufficient for smooth operation.
6. Establish efficient lab management plans and control operational costs.
7. Develop the laboratory team and hire new technicians when necessary. Provide training, assessment, and reward system for lab personnel.
8. Establish GLP, GMP, ISO, CAP, and/or CLIA practices. Establish new lab design, construction, and site preparation when the company undergoes expansion.
9. Provide weekly reports on progress, issues, and plans to senior executives.
To be successful in this role, you will require experience and skills in the following:
1. A Master's degree or above with a background in analytical chemistry, pharmacology, medical laboratory, biology or related field (A Bachelor's degree with extensive working experience will also be considered);
2. At least 3 years of working experience in a mass spectrometry lab and hands-on experience working with LCMS and/or GCMS. Experience with AB Sciex systems is a plus.
3. Familiar with ISO15189 certification or CAP certification system. Experience in establishing related procedures will be beneficial.
4. Excellent organizational, communications, and critical thinking skills with a strong sense of responsibility.
5. Must be fluent in English. Chinese language is an asset.